Re: OK, I am new to this...

To: Steve Kroll <Steve_Kroll@sfbayguardian.com>
Subject: Re: OK, I am new to this...
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 08:35:02 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On 7 Nov 1995, Steve Kroll wrote:

> Help!
>
> I am a recent addition to this list as well as a recent (well not too,
> recent) purchaser of a TR-6, 1974 Mimosa yellow.
>
> I am a novice mechanic and have waited patiently for Grace to report on her
> first dive under the bonnet.  While I read every one of your posts, I cannot
> always understand as I haven't done much to my car except stare at it, wipe
> dirt off it, and stare at it some more.  My girlfriend is amazed at how long
> I can stand infront of the engine and not do anything.  I have bought the
> Bently manuel and stared at it too.  Where to begin?
>
> Anyway, the information I am currently seeking, is for one of you fine people
> to post a list of abreviation you use in you posts so I can follow along.
> What is BLC? for example.  British Leyland Car?  Bought a Load of Crap?  Help
> me
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Steve Kroll
> 1974 TR-6
> (second owner)

Well Steve, here are some common acronyms:
LBC: little British car/convertible
TRF: The Roadster Factory, a place to buy parts for our LBC's in PA
VB: Victoria British, a place for parts in Kansas
ZS: Zenith-Stromberg, a type of carburetor
SU: another type of carburetor

You say you just stand and look at the engine; it's OK, we all do that for
one reason or another. What do you want to do to your car, ie. does it
need work? If you're not too sure how to do something and the manual(s) is
not clear, give us a call.

Phil Barnes '71 TR6  CC61193 (the commission number,Steve)