Re: Clutch....NOT AGAIN! (longish)

To: David Clark <davcla@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch....NOT AGAIN! (longish)
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 20:01:14 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Scions of Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David,
        Sorry I haven't responded to your questions.  I've been extremely
busy and the mail is just piling up.  Use Borg & Beck new-only clutch
parts.  They're bad, but not as bad as everything else on the market.
Rebuilding trannys is fun and rewarding.  It's easy too.  Know one thing;
the thing that separates a good tranny rebuild from a poor one is the
correct end-floats on all of the internal parts.  The factory manual
gives these clearances, and instructs the rebuilder to grind shims to
produce the correct fit.  Do it right, order the thickest shims
and take your time.
        If you have any questions, post them to the list.  Someone
knowledgeable is sure to respond.

        Have fun,

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Web site>> http://www.scs.wsu.edu/~meboe
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6