Delete Ssnake-Oyl From Your List

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Delete Ssnake-Oyl From Your List
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:21:42 -0500
Cc: kbeam@almc-lee.army.mil, Jeffbtr6@aol.com, coleman@urvax.urich.edu, TYSTR6@aol.com, NOTANMG@aol.com, Jdttrs@aol.com, TR4guyinVA@aol.com, BRITCARS@aol.com, KMNTR6@aol.com, JONES__MICHAEL_at_NSWC__PO1@smtpgate.dt.navy.mil, DXMA28A@prodigy.com, draynor@freenet.vcu.edu, PRESTOG@md.ahp.com (georgepreston), PCRuggle@lanmail.rmc.com (peterc.ruggles), kedwards@norfolk.infi.net (keitha.edwards)
Guys-

I finally got to the point that I was ready to restore the seat belts on my
TR6. I called Ssnake Oyl and made sure that they were still in business.
Well, I was told on the phone that they THOUGHT that they could do the job,
but since Mike died they were having problems??? I asked who might Mike be?
and I was told that Mike was the restorer of the belts.  So I boxed them up
VERY CAREFULLY and sent them to Hawkins, Texas for the rebuild.

Yesterday I got them back UNTOUCHED with the following letter. "We are sorry
we cannot do these. We have not done these retractors before. If you want us
to make new straps we will be glad to if you want to take it off the
retractors and put the new back on. The ones we did for your friend were
obviously out of an older model."

I anyone knows of another firm that will restore seatbelts for TR's, please
let me know, otherwise I'll put my beatup belts back into my TR6 and enjoy
them as they are...Well one other item. I am planning to duplicate the orange
"PRESS" stickers and the black "Kangol Reflex" on my computer. They should
look exactly like the originals. If there is any interest, please let me
know.

Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1974 TR6 Mallard