Re: quickees <65502.21158837@sfbayguardian.com>

To: Steve_Kroll@sfbayguardian.com (Steve Kroll)
Subject: Re: quickees <65502.21158837@sfbayguardian.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 18:02:47 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Steve Kroll said:
 > Two quick questions
 >
 > I got an offer for Classic Auto Restorer magazine.  Has anyone ever seen
this
 > mag?  Is it any good?  Worth the paper it is printed on?

I have a subscription.  It's OK.  Oriented mostly at American iron, especially
cars from the 50s and 60s, but a good sprinkling of all kinds of stuff.  The
latest issue has a hint on how to get spitfire pilot bushings out easily (fill
hole with grease, fill a snugly fitting socket too, put socket in hole with an
extension, rap smartly, hydraulic pressure will do the job with little damage
to parts)

Don't get it expecting wonderful advice on Triumph restorations, but there are
decent articles you can learn from.  My advice is to find a copy or two at
your FLBN and see if you like it.

 > second question:  Is there a Heally list?

Yes.

  --berry

P.S. FLBN == Friendly Local BIG Newsagent

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center