Correct finish for TR-6 Outer Rear axle flange.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Correct finish for TR-6 Outer Rear axle flange.
From: classic@interserv.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 19:19:20 -0800
I am in the middle of rebuilding by TR-6 rear axles to original concourse
condition. I was able to get hold of all new parts for reference. I was
surprised to see that the outer rear axle flange (the one that the studs go
through) was a natural finish. The studs were black, but the flange itself is
natural. I was really surprised to see this. I really thought that it would
have
also been black. The inside flange (bolts to rear end flange) seems to be a
gloss black.
If anyone has anything to add to this, I would be interested to hear them.