Re: your mail

To: Chris Boston <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Phil Willson <P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 08:30:51 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris,

> On my way to work this morning, I was troubled a few times by a flat spot
> between stationary and 5mph.
>
> I squeeze out the clutch slowly, and nothing happens, then a sudden jerk as I
> shoot off at about 5mph (almost instant acceleration).
> Can anybody enlighten me as to the cause?
>        1977 Spitfire 1500 O/D. (Everyday/Only Driver)

Are you saying that this is a clutch problem i.e. the action is binary (on/off)
rather than gradual?  Or are the
engine revs not picking up?  If the latter, is one of your SU pistons a bit
sticky?  I've been using my 2.5 to
work for the last couple of days and I think I've got this problem, but it
clears after a couple of minutes.

Phil
TSSC herald 13/60 sec. but I did own a Splatfire once upon a time

From:   Phil Willson
        Electronic Engineering
        Queen Mary and Westfield College
        Mile End Road