Re: Spitfires

To: BRITCARS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfires
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 22:43:37 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> 3-I have a '78 spitfire with the paint code  C M L , any clue as to what
> color this is ?
>     My '80 has the paint code  N C G . I have been looking for a year and a
> half and I can't find these codes in any books. HELP
> I show my '78 and it needs a paint job because the one that is on it is a
> really bad job (red) and I would like to paint her the right color.

  Hmmm... I looked in the "Triumph Spitfire and GT6 Guide to Originality"
and it didn't have either of those paint codes.  Spitfire paint codes are
completely messed up, as a great number of spitfires I've seen (including my
own) have supposedly non-existant paint codes.  My car was painted Maple
Brown out of the factory, which is paint code 83 according to all the
guides, but the plate on the door says 73, which doesn't exist supposedly.
  Anyway, best I could tell the colors starting with C were some type of
red, which means Carmine (CAA) or Pimento (72) for a 78 spit.  The colors
starting with N are white colors, which is Leyland White (NAF) for the 80
spit.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation