Re: Hammering out dents

Subject: Re: Hammering out dents
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark )
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 19:12:35 -0800
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi All,

Just my two cents although not completely related to the dent/lead
thread.  For all of you (my self indluded) that seem to get those damn
door dings no matter far you park from the rest of the crowd, consider
paintless dent removal.

You know those guys that drive around from car lot to car lot (and make
a killing).  When I used to sell cars we finally sent a body shop guy
to school, yes it is not as easy as it looks, to learn the trade.  I
really takes a good eye and LOTS of patience.  I have even seen them
take some dents out quite larger than 'door ding size'.

>From what I have seen and been told, It is a very good alternative to
hammer and anvil because if the paint isnt broken you won't have to
worry about blending the paint and it also works in places where you
can't get to both sides of the sheet metal.

TTFN

David