Re: CA Smog-legal ca

To: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Subject: Re: CA Smog-legal ca
From: Kirk Stanford <kirks@stanford.wanet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 13:15:23 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
When I went to get my 70 Spit smogged I had a $160 worth of exhaust put on
it, adjusted the air/fuel mixture as lean as it would go, readjusted the
idle, and retarded the timing.  It is allowed 600 ppm and I barely passed
with 582 ppm.  I barely got the thing to the smog mechanic and back.  I
promptly drove it into the garage and reversed the process.  It is sad that
California and the Federal government think that they can cut down emmisions
when everyone in a smog rule states does exactly what I just mentioned.  If
they really think that this does not happen then they are as stupid as the
U.S. Congress who think that this nation will continue as usual with no
budget.  Ross, you are correct in saying that smog rules do not help because
I live in San Diego and it is the same thing with all the smog in the air.
My $0.00 worth (no budget).

Kirk Stanford