TRF/Charles Runyan Reply

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRF/Charles Runyan Reply
From: kstewart@icis.on.ca (Keith Stewart)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 09:18:05 -0500
Cc: covcar@aol.com
I am a relative newcomer to the Triumphs forum and
consequently missed some of the earlier discussion related to
TRF that prompted Charles Runyan's reply yesterday (1995 11
18).  I have owned a 62 TR4 for almost 30 years.  I had to
stop driving it everyday in the 1970's when it became almost
impossible to find parts.  Fortunately, I held on to the car
and if it weren't for CAR and TRF, the car wouldn't be on the
road today.  Those of us who enjoy our Triumph(s) rely on
places like TRF in order to keep our cars on the road.  Let's
not shoot ourselves in the foot.

I have had nothing but outstanding service from the TRF.  I
have been treated like a friend or fellow club member rather
than as a customer.  They have helped find the right parts-
even from used sources; they have provided technical
assistance on rebuilding; they have taken returns on items
under circumstances that go beyond any retailer's normal
policies because "it was the right thing to do".

I, too, do not use the 1988 Restoration Check List that was
the early catalog but rather rely on the reprint of the TR4
Spare Parts Catalogue when ordering parts-ditto for my TR4A.
TRF's sales people always have the supersession part numbers
and this is a great way to obtain parts that recently have
been re-introduced and which do not appear in anyone's
catalog.  (?Anyone have one of these for a Spitfire Mk3?)

TRF isn't just a retail or mail order outlet.  They are our
partners in our Triumph hobby (addiction?).  While TRF
provides most of my parts, I also regularly buy some parts
from the other BMH approved distributors because they too
support our hobby and I want them around when *I* need them!
    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario