Spitfire Paint #25

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Paint #25
From: kstewart@icis.on.ca (Keith Stewart)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 09:32:06 -0500
Regarding the request for #25 paint for a 65 Spitfire-Bill
Piggott's book indicates that during the 1960's, this code would
be for Triumph Racing Green aka Conifer Green.

Most body shops in my area mix their own paint from several base
ingredients.  The ingredients and amounts come from formulae
detailed by the manufacturer (e.g. BASF).  Unfortunately, the
Standard Triumph and British Leyland numbers are often not
listed, only the name.  You might try the two names and see if
there is a xref with your local supplier...if not let me know and
I can attempt to find the BASF formulae at my local shop.

Good luck.
    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road