Spitfire Seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Seats
From: kstewart@icis.on.ca (Keith Stewart)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 10:23:28 -0500
I have recently acquired a 1970 Spitfire Mk3 and prior to
having it safetied, am doing some sheet metal work on the
floors.  The PO tells me that he raised the seat up on wood
blocks because his daughter was too short to see over the
dash.  After removing the seats, it is obvious that they are
not Spit seats-no slide rails, fibreglass shells, bolted
directly through shell to underside of floor via PO-drilled
holes.  A friend seems to think that the existing seats came
from a Porche 914.

I understand that seat upholstery kits are not available in
tan for the mk3 but that any Spit seat will fit.  Does anyone
out there have for sale a pair of good to very good tan, mk3
seats OR good to very good tan mk4 seats (not houndstooth) OR
a set of rebuildable mk4 seats?  Seats must include sliding
rails as well.

Thanks for your help.
    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart