Wayward TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wayward TR3
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 17:05:07 -500
Comments: Authenticated sender is <rwg1@postoffice2.mail.cornell.edu>
Well, it was bound to happen. It's been creeping up on me ever since I drove
Rik Schlierer's TR3 at an autocross about 5 or 6 years ago. (Sure- lets blame
Rik, it's all his fault!) Then there was a 79 MG Midget, which has that TR
1500 engine in it. Then came the Peerless GT, with it's TR3 driveline. (No,
there's no progress on that project, it's on hold for a couple more years.)

Maybe it's in the air- there seems to have been a rash of TR3's for sale
around Central NY latley. Witness Al Costich, and the Pig-in-a-Poke saga.
Anyhow- it happened. The Wayward Sports Car Centre now has it's first full
fledged Triumph- a '59 TR3A (#TS47356L), which followed us home yesterday.

It's one of those "my kid dissasembled it, and left it" deals. But, the body
parts are in reasonable good shape, other than various dings, and ugly
attempts at filling them with bondo... There's even some new parts thrown in,
probably to make up for those I find missing completly!

We've set an ambitious goal, of having it fixed up, and ready before the VTR
convention in nearby Albany next summer. That, in addition to the current
phase of the never ending house restoration, and the work that needs doing
(always) on the vintage race Sprite. Heh. Now where were those TR3
catalogues...
 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."