TR6 engine mods

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 engine mods
From: Tsved@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 20:00:34 -0500
    I am rebuilding a 76 TR6 engine and it's time to have
some block work done.  After the cleaning I intend to line
bore the block for cam bearings and have the cylinder
bores honed.  As I mentioned before I am using the
" Competition Preperation Manual" from TRF.  I am a
novice at engine work, ( no time like the present to learn),
and was wondering if larger piston rings are required
after honing.   Also, just how much can you bore without
needing larger pistons and what are the benefits and/or
losses of oversized rings or pistons.  I had heard it would
be a waste of time and money to put webber carbs on
a 76 TR6 engine as opposed an earlier year because of
engine size?   O.K. I'm done.

Thanks,

Tom Svedman