Re: TR3 GT

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 GT
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 09:35:06 -0800
In message "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570" writes:
> Hello all,
>
> A friend of mine has recently bought a TR3 with the original intention of
> using
> it as a parts car for his TR2.  He has since been told that it is a TR3 GT,
> one
> of about 50 made, so the car is now going to be rebuilt.  Has anyone on the
> list heard of these, or is it something that someone has made up?
>
> Rich

I don't have any reference materials with me so this is just memory.

I believe there was a GT option for the small mouth TR3s.  It included the
removable hard top and external door handles (before they were put on all
production TR3s).  I'm not sure if it came with such things as the fitted lugage
(I suspect that was just a TR2 thing) or with the luggage rack.

I have no idea how many were made.  You can check with the heritage people to
find out how it was equipped from the factory.

TeriAnn