Re: Smog tests--cut off year.

To: davemc@shindo.engr.sgi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog tests--cut off year.
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 14:18:25 -0500
Apparently some of the confusion about cut off dates for Calif exempt cars
stems from the old system back in the 1970's that exempted dual carb cars
from checks.  That is why you see some older LCB's running around with a red
or orange "exempt" sticker in the windshield.  Like my old 69 MGB.

When the biennial check was instituted it superceded the old rules.

Before buying my 65 Spit, I checked with DMV for the facts.  Yes, 1965 is the
LAST exempt model year.

Brian N.

65 Spitfire - EXEMPT
63 Consul Capri-  EXEMPT
59 Sprite- EXEMPT
79 Spitfire - Pain in the Ass
90 Jeep Cherokee -  Never a problem--passes as new at 115,000 miles