Re: List bashing: a suggestion.

To: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>, TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List bashing: a suggestion.
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 22:18:53 -0600
At 15:26 27/11/95 -0700, dan parslow wrote:

snip
>At the risk of sounding elitist (which I frankly am) I preferred
>the list in the days when you only got net access if your company
>or university wanted to give it to you.  Maybe I'm just being
snip

I agree, there is a lot of junk that comes across the wire.  But thats what
the trash can is for.  Just like junk mail that comes to the door.  No one
makes us read it.

My recommendation is for us to use descriptive and meaningful Subject lines.
With all the mail that does come in and too little time to read it, if I
don't like the subject line its gone.  Sorry.

I'm not too up on your Bill of Rights, but I do seem to remember hearing
something about free speech.  Now if only my internet connection were free.

Regards,
Rod.   '70 TR6  CC55899L
- - - - -
Rodney Orr