Say what?

To: triumphs
Subject: Say what?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 01:44:35 -0700
Ross V. sez:

    Andy, one of my neighbors is a wiz at all types of welding (MIG,
    Heliarc, etc.) and he offered to build for me not only a
    competition exhaust manifold, but also an intake manifold for my 6
    port Mk. I head that would accept the 40 DCOE dual Webers!!

I know I am sort of slow sometimes, but WHY in the world would anyone want
to take two perfectly good Weber throats and force them to feed only a
single inlet port?  Wouldn't you lose a lot of power and waste a lot of
petrol by getting poor gas speed and lousy fuel atomization through the
two throats?

mjb.