Re: No lead head

To: triumphs
Subject: Re: No lead head
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 13:41:22 -0700

     From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
     Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 10:40:07 +0000 (GMT)

hi

My TR4 has been running around quite happily on a "no-lead head" for about
four years now. I'm told that pressing inserts into the heads of the TR2->4A
cars is possibly unreliable as there isnt much metal/space available and
the inserts may fall out. This work was done by a local shop and my head (as
it were) hasnt been removed yet. So far, so good ...

I set the ignition dwell with a feeler guage and the timing by the cheapo
expedient of booting it in 4th and advancing or retarding as necessary.
I think the plugs get a bit more gummy on unleaded fuel, but now I'm not
certain of this - I'm not a tuning wizard. I'm told that my car hasnt
quite got the "bite" of leaded cars, but I'm satisfied with it. It pulls
like a train in 4th ...

--

Regards, Adrian + TR4
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk