Re: Spit Mk3 Engine.

Subject: Re: Spit Mk3 Engine.
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 16:08:32 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
>      From: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>      Subject: Spit Mk3 Engine.
>
> Has anyone(probably more applicable to UK list members) got any idea what a
> good Mk3 Spitfire engine is worth, the engine has 15,000 miles since rebuild
> 15 years ago.  I have been offered the engine by a friend who is uprating his
> Mk3 to 2.5 straight six power!!

Hmmm.  Sounds familiar.

> Also would the Mark 3 flywheel mate up to my MkIV clutch and O/D gearbox with
> no problems?

It should work fine, as long as you have the MKIV original 3 rail
tranny.  You'll use the MK3 clutch cover, disc and flywheel.  The tranny
input shafts are the same for the MK3, MKIV and pre-75 1500.
Your other choice is to bolt your MKIV flywheel onto the MK3 crank.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@lestat.scs.wsu.edu
                            Web site>> http://www.scs.wsu.edu/~meboe
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6