TR4 Soft-top fitting.

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Soft-top fitting.
From: Philip Searle <Searle@HBOI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 95 16:56:00 PST
Encoding: 31 TEXT
Well my new Robbins top for the TR4 arrived from TRF and I had a quick
question about fitting:

The TR4 top has a couple of metal loops attached to the front top corner of
the soft-top which fit over a metal hook at the top corner of the windscreen
frame.  On my old hood the metal loop was attached to one rivet.  On my new
hood the loop is shaped differently and has two 'eyes' so should two rivets
be used?  In this case why do Robbins only supplies two large rivets (one
for each side).  The other rivets are smaller for attaching the metal strips
etc.

Hopefully this will make sense to a fellow TR4 owner who's fitted a soft-top
recently.

Incidently, my old top was original (as far as I know) and had a few
differences to the one Robbins now sell.  The interior was cream colored not
black and there was a rubber seal attached to the real of the hood that went
around the back deck on the inside.

BTW, my top came from TRF with the front stiffener strips, despite the fact
that the new TR4 catalog says these must be ordered separately, so I now
have two sets!

Thanks

Phil Searle
'63 TR4