Re: Z-S Carbs - Needle Adjustment

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Z-S Carbs - Needle Adjustment
From: Thomas Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:19:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe,

The set screws on my CD150s are an assembly.  That is the threaded portion
is hollow.  Inside is a spring and plunger.   You can tighten down the set
screw with the tip in the slot of the needle base.  That leaves only the
spring pressure working on the plunger of the set screw holding the needle
base.   You can adjust as necessary without changing the set screw, and when
you are done, you are done.

If the set screw is tightened down with out the tip being in the slot of the
needle base it will tighten all the way down compressing the internal spring
and no easy adjustment is possible.

the main purpose for the screw is to keep the needle from rotating or
falling out during adjustment.    It does not "lock-up" the assembly.

At 12:51 PM 12/12/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks to all for the good information on adjusting Z-S carbs.
>
>I see the set screw that holds the needle from turning on some of the shop
>drawings and am hoping that this is my problem, and that in fact the needles
>aren't "Non-Adjustable" nor frozen.

Tom Howard
'72 Triumph GT-6
(& some USA iron)