Slow response in cold - due to carb damper oil?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Slow response in cold - due to carb damper oil?
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 07:50:17 EST
I have found that as the temp drops, my TR6 is taking longer and longer to
'warm up.'  I'm not referring to engine temperature; rather, to the time
it takes for the engine not to sputter and complain when shifting power
levels up or down.  My question- is this because the damper oil in my
carbs is getting thicker, and it takes longer for it to warm up because it's
removed from the engine block's heat?  If this is the case, would
switching to a lighter oil help?

Many thanks for any info!
=JBZimmerman!