Re: TR>6< Timing

To: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: TR>6< Timing
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 95 18:33:06 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Thomas writes:

>How is the harmonic balancer/ pulley thing on the TR6 designed?  On the
>car I cannot tell how it is put together but My primary question is is the
>thing solid or is it a ring on a hub?

Thomas,
 Can't be of much help on TR6. I'm sure you'll get several responses from
others who know.
 The TR4 however, is 4 pieces. The balancer itself, an oil slinger on the
inside of the timing chain cover and a split, bolt together pulley. Some
came with a solid instead of split pulley.
 I have a B..... of a time keeping this TR4 timed. I think there was a
Gremlin at the Factory that day.
Luck and Merry Christmas (and/or Chanukah)
Tony R.
66,67,68,69GT6
64TR4 oops
###