TR>6< Timing

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu
Subject: TR>6< Timing
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 15:28:47 -0500 (EST)
Cc: BKANDE@mail.monsanto.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

How is the harmonic balancer/ pulley thing on the TR6 designed?  On the
car I cannot tell how it is put together but My primary question is is the
thing solid or is it a ring on a hub?

Last time I had my car apart I set the timing static at 4 ATDC and the car
ran like crap until this weekend when I tryed to time it with a lamp and
gave up, found the place I liked then found where that was with the lamp
so I could mark it on the dampener,  according to the marks my car is now
timed at 16 1/2 degrees BTDC.  I am wondering whether or not my harmonic
balancer is getting ready to jump off and just f*** s*** up in general.

                        -Thomas