Magnesium Wheels...Advice

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Magnesium Wheels...Advice
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 11:39:38 -0500
Hi all and Happy Holidays around the globe.

I've got a line on a set of American Racing magnesium wheels for the old TR.
All I know at this point is that "they need some cleaning up."

I'm looking for advice on how to go about checking out these wheels before
purchasing them.

Do cast wheels get warped or go out of true?
I assume they are susceptible to cracking.
Any worries unique to their being magnesium instead of aluminum?
???anything else???

If so, how should I check, and what's acceptable, and what does it cost to
fix such things?? . . . .

Thanks in advance for all advice received.

Scott Tilton
In Richmond, Virginia