Insurance

To: TheHerrs@aol.com
Subject: Insurance
From: "Joseph M. Kramlinger" <kramling@tony.bc.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 22:02:15 -0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 7 May 1996 TheHerrs@aol.com wrote:
> Now for the part that will really make you sick. Insurance rates: Full
> coverage on the 91 MR2 Turbo - $269 every six months - Full coverage on a
> 1995 Honda Passport - $229 per 6 months - 73 Stag with declared value of
> $15,000 at $115 per 6 months. Hopefully adding the TR4A will be even cheaper.
> Old age has a few benifits. Okay, okay, back in my twenties I once had to pay
> $1500 per year for basic liability for my old 280Z.

        I hate you.
Okay, while we're on insurance here, is there anyone out there on this
list who sells insurance and can give us an idea of how much it would
cost me for six months:

1) college student at somewhat prestigious East Coast school
2) fast, not reckless highway miles at @70-80
3) safe, but piece of crap car valued less than $1,000 (ie 280ZX, 900,
Camaro, 70s Cherokee, Volvo, etc)
4) 3 tickets in 3 years- 2 of which were deleted from record after class
5) only one accident in 6/93, no citation issued

        Well?  Just basic liability with no coverage for collision/theft/etc
with a $10-25K policy limit.  Can it stay under $400 per six months for me?