Re: Insurance

To: "Joseph M. Kramlinger" <kramling@tony.bc.edu>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 00:54:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe,

        I was in a similar situation over 20 years ago. I was paying about
$1500/year living right near you (I assume bc.edu is Boston College). I
transferred
to UMass at Amherst and registered my car there, and my premiums went to
about $500/year. I am, in no way, recommending that you transfer
universities to avoid
the high cost of auto insurance in the BC area. It has been my experience
that the
cost of auto insurance is dictated by location, location and location. Once you
choise the limits and types of coverage you want, shopping for auto
insurance will
save you maybe 2%-5%. The insurance companies are a ligitimized cartel to
steal $$
from its policyholders. Why is it that they cry millions of $$ of losses,
yet they
own and continue to build huge properties in the major cities? The Prudential
Tower in Boston, for example! Well, you catch my drift.

        Maybe you might want to consider moving somewhere between
Newton/Brookline
and Rt 128? The rent is also cheaper there too.

                Jeff Nathanson