Re: GT6+ really a '69?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: GT6+ really a '69?
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 09:22:20 -0500
Two sure-fire ways to know if your GT6+ is a 1969 or a 1970:

1. Do the seats recline? They only did that on 70s.

2. Does it have two white beehive backup lights and a little chrome
   license plate lamp in the back? It's a 69. Does it have a larger
   cast license plate light, painted body color, with a single,
   rectangular backup light? It's a 1970. The two beehive backup lights
   were replaced with reflectors.

3. Is the ignition on the column (locking) or on the dash? On the dash,
   69. On the column, 70.

OK, so that's three ways. Whatever.

Someday I'm going to get a 70 to keep my 69 happy.

Larry
lesnyd@Monsanto.com