Re: Blower for Spit Motor

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <VINCENR@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: Blower for Spit Motor
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:57:52 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Vincenti, Ross wrote:

> ...Undid the rags and lo and behold I was staring at an old Roots type
> blower with manifolds that was obviously set up for a small LBC motor!!

> ...Now for the best part, it's mine for free if I want it, and all of my
> hotrodding neighbors are salivating at the thought of helping me put a
> blower on the Spitfire motor.  Will I do it?....

Well, you could always bolt up the larger brakes and related components
from a GT6 to help stop the car again. Could be lots of fun! Go for it!

Or, if you're really worried, I know of a couple of Heralds that might
benefit from such a "boost"! ;-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *