Re: Blower for Spit Motor

To: krisc@pi.bns.com.au
Subject: Re: Blower for Spit Motor
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:30:30 +0200
Cc: odd@triumphclub.se, triumphs@autox.team.net
Kris Cotton wrote:

> Should you decide to get rid of one of those blowers to save the
> shelf from collapsing keep me in mind please.

Shure mate,
but actually they're not easily adapted for our use...
They come originally out of old Swedish jet fighters. The SAAB J29
"Tunnan" where they were pressurizing the cockpit, driven via an angle
drive from somewhere on the jet engine. It's Marshall Mk27 Roots-type
blowers with capacity enough for _maybe_ a 1000 cc engine. I intend to
mount a twin setup feeding each two cylinders on my 1296 Mk3 engine.
Sometime... When _time_ is something I've got... Maybe next millenium
or so... Sob...
Regards,

Odd Hedberg                International liaison secretary,
Pomonagatan 4              Triumph Club of Sweden
S-742 36 Osthammar
Sweden                '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
E-mail   : odd@triumphclub.se
Telephone: Int+ 46-1731 7131,  Faxmodem : Int+ 46-1731 8131
Position : N 60deg15min E 18deg23min
Club URL : http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/