Heater Valve Saga

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Subject: Heater Valve Saga
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 01 Nov 1996 10:07:13 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 089E0327A3C51002-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <089E0327A3C51002*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Well, it turns out that the heater valve for older Spits is a very elusive
creature that lives in a black hole and is made of unobtainium, a very
brittle and scarce mineral that is sometimes used in lieu of a gold standard
in some foreign countries.

Someone suggested Special Interest Car Parts, but I do not have their number
here at work.  Anyone have the number?  Also, I have received some
suggestions about using a top off of a newer valve and riveting it to the
lower half of my current valve.  This won't work however, because mine was
so badly corroded that the top and bottom are toast.  I really need a
complete new valve assembly.  So, I am still seeking helpful suggestions and
thanks to all who have already responded.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)