TR4-6 Bonnet Fastener Assembly

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4-6 Bonnet Fastener Assembly
From: <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 14:09:11 -0800
Fellow Fiends of Triumph ;-)

The bonnet fastener assembly recently broke on my TR6. This is the
piece that mounts on the bonnet and pushes the bonnet up via a spring
when you pull the release cable, you then manually release the safety
hook by hand to raise the bonnet the rest of the way.

I ordered a new replacement from the Roadster Factory. I found it to be
an inferior part: the safety hook is mounted at the wrong angle and
sits in front of the catch it is supposed to catch on, and the whole
assembly feels much flimsier than the part it replaces. I could try to
bend the hook into the correct position, but am afraid I will break the
welds that hold the hook in place.

Have any of you replaced this part with a new part from anywhere,
including TRF, and found the replacement to be satisfactory? Thanks for
your help.

Irv
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL