Re: Rear Oil Seal

To: <PVANDAL@aol.com>, "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Oil Seal
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 96 09:28:26 -0800
>Has anyone installed the kit
>or one like it, and if so, are there favorable  or unfavorable reports?

When I repaired the transmission on my Herald I simply took the old "seal
housing" to a local machine shop with a replacement rear engine seal (the
modern type) and had them machine it to fit. I did not have any machine work
done on the crank, and I haven't had any problems with leaks since. I am not
familiar with the kits, but if you can get the seal you need, and modify the
housing, it may just work. Just my .02¢.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds
Cupertino, CA USA