Re: New TR6 owner (now Stranded TR6 owner)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New TR6 owner (now Stranded TR6 owner)
From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:57:28 -0600
Thanks to everyone for the advice on my flexable frame, the consensus seems to
be: the frame will flex, so place jack stands with care.

Over the weekend I was able to get out and get a taste of the joys of owning a
beat up british sports car.
After seeming to run out of gas, I added some fuel and after much difficulty
got the beast running again. I headed out for the gas station and TR stranded
me several miles from home, no fuel at the carbs.  I found a little hand lever
on the fuel pump. What could this be for?  Is there a procedure for priming,
after running out of petrol?  After towing the car home, it starts fine, and I
have plenty of gas at the carbs. I pulled the fuel line at the rear carb and
dumped the fuel into a jar, plenty of gas. Maybe I have some crud in the fuel
filter/gas tank, causing an intermittant flowage?   Argh!

--
Jeff S. Hapke       Motorola CIG IL75 RM400 BC288