RE TR3 Steering Box

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE TR3 Steering Box
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:04:29 GMT
Rob wrote: I hear they are hard to find, and
that working on them can be most difficult. Is that true? In your
opinion(s) what is the best approach? And how difficult would it be to
find one?
Rob I am in the very same boat (car) myself having just finished suspension
re-build on my TR2. I have started to re-build my own steering box with help
from list members as well. The whole job is more or less straight forward. I
have both the Haynes and Bentely manuals and for this job I would recommend
Haynes. The advice I would give is take your time, you may have problems
removing the drop arm, but after that it is a step by step operation. As regards
parts, most if not all bits are available from Moss (Cox&Buckles) on this side
of the pond I am sure the same applies there. It is a little difficult trying
to move the long one piece column around the work shop but I guess yous would
be of the split type.
Best of luck and take your time.
John Gillis 1954 TR2 (long door)
Trinity College