Bearing $ (was triumph reliabilty)

To: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bearing $ (was triumph reliabilty)
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 9:38:29 -0600
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961107093829p ]
> Example, wheel bearings are about $25 per axle for
>the Spitfire and about $80 to $100 per axle for the 356.

Ross,
Just curious, Have you taken your bearings (both Spit and 356) to a bearing
supply house. I have noticed is a big difference in what they charge verses
the "normal" parts suppliers most on the list use. I have had no problem
with them matching any bearing or seal in their big book of cross references.
 Best part is you walk out with the parts and don't sweat if the UPS guy
drives past your house.
Regards,
Richard Ceraldi