RE: Muffler (Silencer in UKspeak) for TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Muffler (Silencer in UKspeak) for TR3
From: "David Lee" <DJFLee@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 96 23:07:24 UT
John Cowan asks about stainless vs mild steel exhaust systems.

I installed a Double S (manufacturers name) exhaust on my TR2 a couple of
years ago.  It sounds great and came with a lifetime guarantee - if you
fulfill the inspection requirements.  So far I can see no corrosion at all and
sadly I do a lot of short journeys.  Given the comparative cheapness of these
for TRs, around £100 UK, I can think of no good reason not to fit one to a
standard road car.
Incidentally my car is also fitted with a TR6 fan rather than the normal bit
of bent tin that Triumph called a fan on the sidescreen cars and it works
perfectly. If your rad is in good condition and you live in a temperate
climate you should not need an electric fan.

TRs in Films?  The the love interest in the Elvis movie Viva Las Vegas drives
a white TR3A.  The TV was on... I was bored.... I'm sorry alright.

Dave Lee
Kinloss Scotland
1955 TR2
1976 Land Rover