Sudden accleration/idle/blew away a Talon

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sudden accleration/idle/blew away a Talon
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 15:45:53 -0800 (PST)
Fellow Triumphsters,
        I had fun with the GT6 today. Only a couple porbs:

The idle speed still stay real nice and high once the engine has been
revved. I haven't yet checked for sticking spindles, so, if you have any
other ideas, they'd be appreciated.

The accleration curve is yucky. At first, the car will almost jump out of
your hands, then it's hard to get any accleration, then, at about 2700rpm,
accleration is smooth, powerful, controllable, and enjoyable. BTW, when I
say it jumps, I mean you have to work not to spin the wheels, and to keep
it in line when turning.

        I also am having problems with my speedo and my temp guage. I know
NOTHING about these, or else I'd play with them some more before posting.

The speedo needle will jump all the way around the guauge and then sit
there when we start moving, then do the opposite when we come to a stop. I
jus replaced the cable today. BTW, the odometer still works real well.

The temp guage is the more serious problem. It registers all the way hot
within minutes of us starting out, even when it's completly cold. I just
replaced the little sender thing the other day.

        These are my problems, I'm sorry it's so long. Anyone got any
ideas? Oh, (this is the part where tech stuff stops), we were going along
today at a good clip on a long, straight road, when a red Eagle Talon
starts riding my pretty chrome bumper. I was rather insulted. What did I
do? Hehehe. I slowed down nearly to where I would shift into third, but
still fairly far away from third. I saw the guy's face in the mirror, he
wasn't happy. Right then I gassed it, not with a jerking motion, but
quickly and smoothly, and pulled away from the guy. I saw his face in the
mirror, his mouth was open. :-)

Okay, thought would be fun to tell, thanks everyone!