TR7 Alternator Questions..

To: <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 Alternator Questions..
From: "Brent McNabb" <nin@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 00:38:48 -0600
Does anybody know of any alternators compatible with the TR7's
mounting/wiring?  My Lucas 25ACR went out the other day, and I just had it
rebuilt six months ago.  From what I could tell, the alternator was
original, and I went to a local parts store, and they said they could get
me a replacement unit, but then changed their story and wanted to rebuild
the one I have.  Well, six months later its gone out.  They are out looking
for a replacement, so I'm left wondering if there is a replacement
alternator that would fit the bolt pattern of the car, or maybe a good
rebuilting outfit that could redo the alternator I have to last more than
six months.  If anybody has ever mounted a different alternator to a TR7,
and how the wiring/mounting was done, any help would be appreciated.  The
car is a 1980 TR7, stock 2.0L engine, with dual Zenith-Stromberg CD-175
carbs, and the only other belt running off the engine being the air pump.

Brent McNabb
nin@sprynet.com
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edititon Drophead Coupe