Re: Many questions about my new (old) car.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Many questions about my new (old) car.
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:35:58 -0600
>Eric,
>        A factory manual will help answer many of your questions. I've got
>one for my GT6 and, once I learned enough to read it with fair ease, it's
>hleped me a lot. Don't know where you could find one, might see if someone
>on the list has one.
>        BTW, I just realized how the thing about reading the manual sounds.
>I mean, once I had learned enough of the technical names of things, I was
>able to read it pretty easily. (I know how to read quite well! ;-)
>
>Anyway, hope this helps!
>
>Jeff Stovall
>jstovall@earthlink.net
>"I'm God's gift to humility."
>1966 Triumph GT6 mk1

I know what you mean about reading manuals.  But I have LOTS of experience
trying to make sence of cryptic manuals, and thanks to the 2 MGB's I have
owned in the past and their manuals, I have a basic understanding of the
British terminology.

However I am hoping to avoid buying expensive manuals since most of the
mechanical equipment is going to be replaced with something that should
never be dreamed of by a sane person.

Before I spend money on manuals just to fix the doors I think I will pull
one apart and see what the guts look like.  If I can't figure it out and I
find a manual cheap I may buy it.  But I don't think that it will come to that.