Re: Which Rag Top? (hood in UK)

To: hapkejs@cig.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which Rag Top? (hood in UK)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 18:08:17 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-11 17:19:17 EST, hapkejs@cig.mot.com (Jeff S. Hapke)
writes:

> I'm in the market for a rag top, has anyone had any good or bad
experiences?
>  Has anyone tried the J.C. Whitney top? Robbins? The Caribou Canvas top
seems
>  reasonably priced, what are the pro's and con's to canvas? Will I get wet
in
>  the rain?  "Don't touch it or it'll leak ..."

Jeff, two years ago I bought a new Robbins top (from TRF) for my '64TR4.
 Since I was replacing a factory original which was on the car I could
compare the two tops.  The Robbins top matched the original exactly (they
even took a special order from me to change the inside color to tan instead
of black).  The quality and fit are excellent, although I recommend that you
check with the list before installing and then take it to an auto upholstery
shop for installation (unless you really know what you are doing).  To sum up
-  I'm completely satisified with Robbins.

Also suggest that you wait for a sale if you don't absolutely need the top
now.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)