Re: TR3 Heater Knob

To: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>, KMNTR6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Heater Knob
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 96 09:20:03 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, rtr@tsquare.com
On Nov 12, 10:14pm, Jamie Palmer wrote:

> I bought a dash knob set (TR-3) for the Italia a long time ago from TRF,
> and it doesn't use the one I think is the heater knob...isn't that the
> one that's a bunch longer than the others, but same type of shaft and
> general shape?  If so, let me know, and I'll send this one to you!

Hmmm, I'd guess that the long one is the "vent pull" knob.  As I
recall there are two types of heater knobs (sorry Ken, I forgot
to check part numbers last night).  They both have an arrow for
the fan, but are attached differently if I remember correctly.
Its been a long time since I did the dash...

later,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm