Re[2]: Winter Subject: Frozen Nuts (a la Barry..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Winter Subject: Frozen Nuts (a la Barry..
From: jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 96 17:42:38 PST
     I always question anyone, not just young greasemonkeys, using an air
     wrench on my lug nuts. I was trying to get a lug nut off my old '77
     Volvo once because I suspected that the garage had tightened them up
     too much and I didn't want to get stuck by the side of the road and
     can't get the wheel off. Tire iron couldn't budge it. So I grabbed a
     socket and an 18" cracker handle and stood on that handle with all of
     my 225 lbs. All I did was crack the socket! Had to drive it to a
     (different) garage where they got it off with another air wrench. And
     thank God for Swedish steel - the stud was still ok.

     Jim Sudduth
     jims@autodesk.com
     '74 TR-6 CF20076U
     Berkeley, CA USA