Re: TR6 clunk sound

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 clunk sound
From: cstretz@FreeMark.COM (Chad M. Stretz)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 22:18:46 -0500
Joe,

I have the same problem with my 73.  I pulled the diff out
and the mounts look great.  The u-joints seem to be ok, so
now I'm wondering about free play in the diff?  Stuart Bollen
says it's unlikely.  Is it?  Does anybody know how to check
it?  The CLUNK comes from the diff area, and I don't think
it's the splined shafts.  My shock mounts are tight, too.
What thing or combination of things inside the diff could
make that God-awful noise??  Any more information on this
subject would be greatly appreciated.

Chad
Vrooommmmm....clunk......vrooommmmmmmmmm.....clunk..clunk....
.vrooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm