Air Wrench Follies

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Wrench Follies
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 23:43:49 -0500

<< ..Which reminded me of various instances of similar damage to cars I've
 owned over the years, though none so serious as Brian's, but all inflicted
 by some kid with an air wrench, using it to tighten nuts.
    Now that our LBCs are getting on in years, and spares and salvage parts
 may be hard to find for some applications, here's my advice:
    Let the kid use the air gun for taking off anything he wants to, they're
 great at that, that's what they were made for. >>

Fellow Lug Nutters-

They can even do damage takin the lug nuts OFF!
Took a brand new 396 66 Chevelle into a local Chevvy dealer (that year had
new style hub caps on steel wheels that looked like mag wheels, complete with
fake spokes and lug nuts) and, you knew this was coming didn't you ?, the guy
"removed" not one, but two of the "lug nuts" before he realized that they
were part of the hub cap !

The Car Curmudgeon
        Nick in Nor Cal