Re: Air Wrench Follies

To: Nickbk@aol.com, ak627@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Wrench Follies
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:27:56 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-13 23:45:05 EST, Nickbk@aol.com writes:

<<    Let the kid use the air gun for taking off anything he wants to,
they're
  great at that, that's what they were made for. >>

 Fellow Lug Nutters-

 They can even do damage takin the lug nuts OFF! >>

This is very true!  I worked one summer rebuilding the tracks that
caterpillar bulldozers ride on.  I would take them  apart with an air wrench.
 These bolts were about the size of a wheel stud.  The nuts came off very
fast, but none of the hardware could be re-used, because the threads would
spread.  The nuts would go on a new bolt, but they wouldn't spin freely, and
you could see bright marks on the thread of the new bolt, where the spread
threads of the old nut had scored the thread of the new bolt.
Paul