Re: Water Pumps

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water Pumps
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:26:30 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-14 12:29:28 EST, peterz@merak.com (Peter Zaborski)
writes:

<My local dealer can get a Quinton Hazell water pump for my TR6. I know their

 (QH's) clutches suck but does anyone know about the quality of their water
pumps?

In the old days you could buy a vast selection of Triumph (and other LBC)
parts from JC Whitney.  As is probably true today, they specialized in
carrying cheapo, substandard, crap-o-la parts, although I remember buying
Girling M/C's from them. Most everything else they sold was Quinten Hazel.,
you know  "cheapo, substandard, crap-o-la parts". Unfortunately, some parts
we need today, like ball joints and tie rod ends are only available in the QH
brand.  Other than those items where there is no choice, it's best to avoid
their stuff.  I say this without ever having seen a  QH water pump, ie,
solely on reputation.

Bob in Austin