Tool Follies--more

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tool Follies--more
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:43:50 -0500
I once assisted four fine young women by the highway remove a wheel on a
rental car.  The tire was flat.  The correctly jacked up the car and removed
the nuts, but could not get the wheel off.  It was rust welded to the hub.
 They fought hard enough.  Even became unsafe when getting around the tire
with a lot of force with the car on a wobbly jack.  Scared me actually,
watching them.

All I did was lower the jack until the weight of the car popped it loose.  I
did have the courtesy to tell them it worked only because they loosed it up
real good.

Just another trick to file away.

BTW, this is not a gender problem.  Most males I know in their white shirts
or nikes cannot even figure out how to get the jack inserted right.  These
women were 90% to their solution.

Brian N.