Re: sheet metal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Dan Harriman" <KC5GXL@pnx.com>
Subject: Re: sheet metal
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 96 08:07:56 EST
     Got my GT-6 (Rover) floorpans from TRF...they fit fine...leave the tub
     on the frame for replacing the sills (rockers) and floors.  Be
     prepared to fabricate some parts of the tub to which the inner rockers
     attach.

     You'll have to remove all the attaching bolts and jack the front edge
     of the tub (at the firewall) up an inch or so to slip the new floor
     pan into place.  After the new pan is in place realign all the bolts
     and holes vbefore welding. Doing the welds at the front seam is a bit
     of a trick.

     Do one side at a time leaving what ever old metal is left, in place on
     the other side to provide rigidity.  Also, before you weld the
     rockers, check the horizontal alignment of the bottom edge of the seam
     where the rockers and floorpans attach to each other...be sure that
     seam is straight and properly positioned...any error here is real
     obvious later.

     It isn't an impossible task and when finsihed gives great
     satisfaction.

     PMQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6